Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Moral Dilema

The scenario here is I have to choose between saving a historical object or a living human being. Personally I would save the old lady. She may be elderly and  not have much time in her life to live, but she IS living and I would feel guilty taking away the last bit of life she has from her. The mona lisa is just a painting, yes it is a historical painting but its not someones child, mom, aunt, grandma, great grandma. Knowing that I let someone perish in a fire would be more guilt than I could bare, especially knowing how much pain the family would be in. Her life has more value than a painting, it may not mean anything to me but it does to someone else like her family and friends. Although I am a stranger to her, im thinking about the outcome and what her family would be like if they lost one of their loved ones. That being said I stick to my choice of choosing her over the mona lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment